Leave a comment
July 13, 2013 by Ryan S
Here are some notables from the Cubs system in the past week:
- 4-6 in past 10 games, 48-48 overall.
- 27-year old P Brian Schlitter, who had an awful cup of coffee with the Cubs in 2010, is dominating right now. He’s got a 1.66 ERA and 11 saves with the I-Cubs.
- Junior Lake is hitting just .196 in 46 at-bats in July. He’s got a .281 on the season, with four homers and 17 RBI.
- Jake Arrieta has made two starts for the I-Cubs, and has only pitched 4.2 innings and posted a 7.71 ERA. He’s allowed 14 base runners in that time.
- 7-3 in past 10 games, won five in a row, 49-43 overall.
- Javier Baez homered last night, and went 4-for-8 combined in a doubleheader last night. He is batting .194 in 31 at-bats with two homers while playing shortstop for the Smokies.
- Alberto Cabrera is 9-3 with a 3.12 ERA in 112.2 innings and 107 strikeouts. Kyle Hendricks is 8-3 witha 2.13 ERA in 17 starts and has walked just 24 batters in over 100 innings.
- Frank Batista is 3-3 with 11 saves and a 2.66 ERA in 30 games this season. The pitching down here looks really good.
Daytona (High A)
- 5-5 in past 10 games, 47-38 overall.
- Pierce Johnson is 2-1 with a 2.86 ERA in four starts since he was promoted from Kane County. He’s got two quality starts and has not yet allowed more than three earned runs in a start with Daytona.
- Ben Wells is 6-6 with a 3.30 ERA in 17 starts this season and has allowed just four earned runs in his last four starts/25 innings pitched. In that span, he has struck out 17, walked just two and has a .560 WHIP.
Kane County (A)
- 2-8 in past 10 games, 34-52 overall.
- Albert Almora is hitting .351 with 13 doubles, three triples and three homers in 168 at-bats since returning from his broken hamate bone in the spring.
- Dan Vogelbach is hitting .273 with 13 homers in 337 at-bats.
- Lendy Castillo, the 2012 bullpen paper weight, has a 6.71 ERA in 18 appearances with Kane County this season.
Boise (Short Season A)
- 2-8 in past 10 games, 12-16 overall.
- CF Shawon Dunston Jr. is batting .319 in 94 at-bats in Boise. He has 14 walks and just 10 strikeouts in 25 games.
- P Paul Blackburn is 0-2 with a 2.42 ERA in six starts this season. He’s pitched 26 innings.
AZL Cubs (Rk)
- 5-5 in past 10 games, 9-10 overall.
- Erick Leal has a 1.15 ERA in 15.2 innings so far this year, in four appearances, two of which are starts.
That’s it for now guys, go Cubs!